Saturday 16 June 2012

Is Chocolate Healing?

There's a lot written and talked about when it comes to chocolate, its fattening, its full of fat, its addictive so they say. I have never been a great chocolate eater until the last few months and then I've allowed myself a gluten free Belgium chocolate wafer every day, but I have to admit to sucking the chocolate off slowly to draw the moment out.


Many do say there is a calming effect in chocolate and a little bit does no harm at all,'a little of what your fancy does you good', so they say.


Stress is an odd thing, it makes you feel on edge, your'r walking close to the edge of dissolving in a puddle of tears or laughing hysterically. So some grab some chocolate or something sweet to offset the nerves.


I've been working with essential oils for most of the morning, mixing them into different blends for different reasons, but it can be dangerous. Not a good idea to get your head over the jug in some cases, but it certainly clears the head:-)


I think the aroma of some essential oils does work to dispel that feeling caused by stress, I notice the difference if I'm working on blends for relaxation, I end up so relaxed I could sleep!


But sadly none of them smell like chocolate, and they certainly wouldn't taste like it either.







No comments:

Post a Comment