Tuesday 25 September 2012

The waiting game

I'm playing the waiting game at the moment, soon we will begin to let people know a little bit more about the new series of children's books I have been writing, the first will be out in December, "Let's Talk About Pagan Festivals" which was written for parents/teachers/guardians and their little ones from the age of four to perhaps eight.
Very little is available for folks to work with their little ones, so I have written  notes, some gentle stories, added some 'things to do', and a recipe and we have also added a coloring page. I have taken the children through the year, right through the eight seasons and festivals of the Pagan Wheel.

I've got another two books in this series in the pipeline so I have everything crossed that these are going to be well received by the children, their parents, teachers and guardians. 

I was made very aware this week that I see Deity as a Mother/Father image, although I also see the power of the divine within all of nature, its trees, flowers, rivers and seas as well as all the many animals we have on this earth. I would go one further that this and say that I feel there is a power which flows through the universe, call it a 'Great Power', 'Holy Spirit', 'Source' to name a few and some say 'a Noise'. 
But humans being what they are, the majority need to understand this in a form they see themselves, so they build a person, a God/Goddess to which they can relate. Over and over again through the ages people have done the same thing, written stories, painted pictures, carved images all of them being their Deity. Then we have the wars about which is the best one, or the only one? 
The only thing that most (not all) will agree on is this power, this supernatural flow, and that this in turn is within everything.....not just in humans.

So are there Cows in Heaven? Will I meet my dogs in the Summerlands? 

Thoughts are very powerful, sparked with this supernatural flow, I think we will see all the creatures, but hopefully we won't have so much muck to clear up?

No comments:

Post a Comment